The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Center for Emerging Professionals announces EP:2011, the second annual exhibition of work, art, and designs of emerging architects across North America. EP:2011 will promote the compelling work of the rising generation of architects and inspire professionals to mentor and engage the many talented and motivated emerging professionals across the country.
The exhibit will be displayed at the American Center for Architecture in Washington, DC from January 17th through February 5th, the final day of the AIA Grassroots Leadership and Legislative Conference.
In order to best represent the diversity and talents of emerging professionals, the AIA asks you to submit your works. Submissions can be the result of work in a firm, class, design studio, design competition, or personal investigation. Submission types include, but are not limited to, presentation boards, developmental design sketches and renderings, complete drawing sets, models, photography, paintings, and video. The AIA encourages the creative use of the exhibition space and the use of alternative and mixed media.
Work can be submitted by any architecture student, intern architect, or architect licensed less than ten years. Submissions from AIA and AIAS members will receive priority for display, but an effort to include as much work as possible will be made to create an exhibit that is inclusive of all emerging professionals.
Submissions must be received by January 7, 2011:
- All files must be submitted in a single PDF or ZIP file format.
- No one file can be larger than 25MB.
- All images should be in JPEG or PDF file format.
- Images must have a resolution of at least 150 dpi but should not exceed 300 dpi.
- A description of the project (max 500 words) and the names of all parties involved in its creation must be submitted along with images in PDF or DOC file format.
- No copyrighted material or work not of your own efforts can be submitted without prior consent from original author.
If you wish to submit a model or other three-dimensional work for display, please send a JPEG and brief description to email@example.com. AIA staff will contact you if the work can be accommodated in the display. Please direct all questions regarding exhibition space and submissions to this address; please do not submit project files to this address.